Saturday, October 31, 2009

Don't Be Bitter



So Michael Dietsch over at A Dash of Bitters and Samantha Harrigan of Nova Marketing and the Cocktail Culture blog are running a contest for a very rare bottle of Beefeater 24 Bitters made by Stephan Berg of Bitter Truth bitters.

Now, the rules of this contest are pretty simple. I just have to blog about a time that I was bitter about a certain bloggers booze collection or a special bottle that he or she may have. I'm not one to generally get bitter about anything, but I did feel a slight tinge of jealousy recently when my good friend Jacob Grier came over with a bottle of masticha that had been gifted to him by a friend who'd just returned from a trip to the Greek Isles. Luckily enough for me, Jake was generous enough to share his small bottle of masticha with me. I got to taste a bit of it and its amazing stuff, it definitely has a lot of uses in cocktails. So I guess if I'm bitter about anything, I'm bitter that I don't have my own bottle of masticha laying around to futz around making cocktails with. On the upside, I'm the new whisk(e)y writer for About.com, so I can't complain too much. I'll be going live in the middle of November so look for most of my new content there (and, MySpeedRail.com occasionally).

One last thing. Samantha Harrigan is getting married. If, like me, you know and admire Samantha, will you join me in raising a glass of whatever might be handy (in my case its Macallan 18) and wishing her and her new husband a wonderful life together? Thats nothing to be anything but happy about. Best wishes to you and your new husband Samantha!

6 comments:

Steveraye said...

Masteha is the definintive spirit of the island of Chios in the Aegean. it is made from the exudate from a species of bush or tree, which they tap. Something on the order of the way we make maple syrup in New England or tap rubber trees in the tropics for latex. It's got a very intereresting sweet floral flavor...sort of like the Violets candy they sell in NY. For those of you interested, email Lance and he'll forward on your requests to me...I'll do some digging and find an ecomm account that sells it. I have a bottle, but am not sharing it.

Steveraye said...

And cool news about the whiskey gig...are you going to take a stand and decide to use or not use the "e" or are you going to waffle?

Runescape gold said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Here useful link:http://teraonlineforsale.squarespace.com/?SS_CSAT=LCLRGBASKUIMRJOFEWUV&firstLogin=true&trialsignup=true&SSEMode=content
http://teraonlineforsale.wordpress.com
http://teraonlineforsale.soup.io/

Runescape Gold said...

Good post!Eden Gold

Ergo Baby Carriers said...

for sake



Ergo Baby Carriers
original baby carrier
ergo infant insert

Anonymous said...

Masteha is the RS Golddefinintive spirit on the region associated with Chios within the Aegean. it's constructed from your exudate from the species of vagina or even woods, which they faucet. A thing about the order of the way many of us produce cherry syrup WOW Goldinside Northeastern or perhaps tap plastic woods inside tropics with regard to latex.