Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leap Year Cocktail



A day late, my apologies but Blogger was experiencing technical issues last night. Anyway, the Leap Year cocktail seemed appropriate last night.

My version-

1 1/2 oz Aviation Gin
1/2 oz Carpano Antica
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
splash lemon juice

Chill, shake hard and serve up

I'm not sure I'd drink this regularly, but once every 4 years will work.

I finally got my prosciutto hung. It should be ready in 6 months. Note to self- no more curing hams at home, its a pain in the ass.

Today I received a care package from North Shore Distillery. I'm going to taste the Oregon Bartenders Guild on their #6 gin, and #11 gin. Unfortunately for me, their aquavit (which I really wanted to compare against House Spirits Krogstad Aquavit) didn't survive the shipping (damn you Fedex! Damn you!). I'm very excited about tasting both gins, I've heard nothing but great things about them both.

I'm making marmalade today. I have this idea rolling around in my head of a cocktail combining marmalade and Templeton rye. Once all is said and done I'll get it up here.

Oh, do you ever buy cookbooks that you adore but you never actually cook anything out of them? For me, that describes Fergus Henderson's two books. Great reads, incredibly inspiring (I was even ready to take on his half roasted pigs head for two until my wife put the kibosh on that), I've finally decided on making the mother for bread that they use at St. John's. I'm not much of a baker, but having a good mother in the fridge seems to make sense.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've yet to make the calves brains pasta out of the Babbo cookbook, but maybe someday.....

Runescape Gold said...

I've truly however to produce this calves intelligence dinner out of your Babbo cook book, however possibly someday...

http://www.buylovejewelry.com/
http://gamepartygogo.com/

Anonymous said...

I haveCheap GW2 Gold ultimately selected creating mom for bakery they utilize on E. John's. I am not a good deal of baker, but which has a very good mum inside fridge generally seems cheap RS Goldto seem sensible.

gw2 gold said...

Henderson's two books. Great reads, incredibly inspiring (I was even ready to take on his half roasted pigs head for two until my wife put the kibosh on that), I've finally decided on making the mother for bread that they use at St. John's. I'm not much of a baker, but having a good mother in the fridge seems to make sense.


buy Guild wars 2 gold
GW2 Gold