Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The usual wednesday update


- I'm currently reading Bacardi and the Long Fight for Cuba: The Biography of a Cause, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite reads as it contains two of my great loves, history and booze.

- Shared a bottle of Cyderworks 2005 Oregon Dry Sparkling Hard Cider from Sauvie's Island here in Portland last night. It left me less than impressed. While I'm not a huge hard cider fan, I do tend to drink a bit of cider during the fall season. This cider was just thin and austere. I made it drinkable with a heavy dose of good rum, but I won't be buying any more of this hard cider. I was terribly disappointed.

- I'm in pickling mode again and my copy of The Joy of Pickling is getting a bit dog eared. I saw that there is a revised edition with about 25 new recipes of Joy coming in May. I can't wait. Right now, I've pickled blueberries in molasses, and I made some pickled cranberries, tonight is going to be pickled beets, some pickled cauliflower and the green tomatoes that I harvested in the garden last night.

- It looks like I'm going to be quoted in the Hartford Business Journal this week(god I miss the Hartford Whalers, the NHL lost its luster for me when they moved). I won't say about what until the article runs, but unfortunately, I didn't get interviewed about the return of the Whalers.

- A Phillies/ Rays World Series? Wow, I can't even begin to tell you how little I care about this Series. I'll just wait til the World Baseball Classic for some decent games.

- Palm Springs vacation time keeps looming closer and closer. I need to start making arrangements for wine tasting in Temecula. Temecula really has some first rate wineries, and I haven't been tasting down there in some time so it will be interesting to see how things have changed.

3 comments:

T. Mixeur said...

Hartford Whalers? I used to go see them play when I was a kid! They were 5-0-1 in games I watched in person...about 12-234-14 in games I didn't.

dfadf said...

The first threeMicrosoft Office entries tell us that Bill
earned $125,000,Office 2010 $150,000, and $125,000
for speeches toMicrosoft Office 2010 Morgan Stanley, the
Aventura-TurnberOffice 2007ry Jewish Center, and
Oracle in FebruaMicrosoft Office 2007ry of 2001 and he wasn't
even done for tOffice 2010 keyhe month. The list continues
for ten pages.ThOffice 2010 downloade book was published in
May of last year.Office 2010 Professional You may wonder, how
did Tyrrell (who,Microsoft outlook full disclosure,signs
my paychecks; pluOutlook 2010s we share the same
publisher) get hiWindows 7s hands on this illuminatinginformation?
Did he plant a molMicrosoft outlook 2010e in the Clinton campaign? Did he
take off his tailored jacket and go diving through the Clintons' trash for financial
clues? Did he consult a psychic?

Anonymous said...

Hartford Whalers? I cheap D3 Gold did previously see them participate in while i became Diablo 3 Gold a little one! We were holding 5-0-1 in game titles I saw in the flesh...with regards to 12-234-14 in Buy GW2 Gold online games Some.