Thursday, February 7, 2008

No Mas

Well, Job #2 bit the dust last night. I'm not terribly upset about it, but I was counting on the extra income to help pay the way to Tales of the Cocktail. I'm not going to be in the poorhouse mind you, its just that I was trying to nurse along job #2 along with Meriwethers (which I love) until Kevin Ludwig's Beaker and Flask opens (For the record, I'm not saying that I will be working there. I'm just saying that I'm hoping to get the opportunity to work there when it opens). It was easy money in a frustrating environment, and I'm really glad that its over. However, I may need to start putting some feelers out for 1-2 additional bar shifts a week.The real problem, to be honest, is me. I can get a bartending job this afternoon if I go out and paper downtown with my resume. I really don't think thats what I want to do though. I'm able to be picky and I think it might be a while before I'm working enough bar shifts to satisfy me. I don't want to repeat my last mistake, so I'm going to be careful in where I land. Plus, to be honest, do I really want to take a job just to chuck it if I get on at Beaker and Flask? There isn't anything else on the horizon here in Portland that I can see that would make me want to rethink pursuing an opportunity to work with Kevin Ludwig. I know a lot of great bartenders, but if there is someone who's drinks and creativity really resonate with me, its Kevin. So anything else right now figures to be a bit of a bridge (unless I wasn't to get B&F in which case I'd probably stay). Decisions, decisions.

5 comments:

Tikimama said...

I vote you start working at a crap bar near by our soon to be house in NoPo. The Mouse Trap or The Barn, maybe? Then I can pay $3 for a really good drink.

I can see that this plan has limited benefits to you, however.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your working there. Especially now that I know you're a Giants fan. There are too many damn Boston freaks in my cocktail life already

Lance J. Mayhew said...

I'm proudly wearing a NY Giants hat, NY Giants jacket and NY Giants ballcap at work today. After the Superbowl it might be months before I take any of this stuff off.

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. I can't think of any place I'm more excited about being a part of.

Lance J. Mayhew said...

Hmm, now that I've seen the Mouse Trap, I'm much more interested in picking up the occasional shift at Reynoles Galley (sp?) instead. Between the Cobra Fang and the Mai Tai, my Nui Nui was hurting pretty good today.

Anonymous said...

Also, yourDiablo 3 Gold doing work generally there. Specifically now that I understand you're The big players supporter. You can find a great number of really Birkenstock boston gurus withinGW2 Gold kaufen my beverage lifestyle already