Thursday, February 14, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Cocktail #2- Dolly O'Dare



I know, I know, I already have an entry into this month's Raiders of the Lost Cocktail, but when I mentioned Raiders to my friend and fellow Oregon Bartenders Guild member Daniel Shoemaker of the TearDrop Lounge last weekend, he turned around grabbed a bottle of apricot brandy, whipped up a Dolly O' Dare Cocktail from the Savoy Cocktail book and placed it in front of me. Delicious.

Dolly O'Dare Cocktail (From the Savoy Cocktail Book)

6 dashes apricot brandy
1/2 French Vermouth
1/2 Gin

Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Squeeze orange peel on top.

On another note, I've just tasted the best whiskey I've ever had. Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey arrived today and after dinner I poured myself a little bit and plopped an ice cube into my glass. Wow. I'll write a full review soon, but I have to say that not only have they created a unique style of whiskey with Stranahan's, but its incredibly well made and tasty. I was excited about Stranahan's before as I've read good things, but tasting is really believing. They've created a unique new style of American whiskey, and I for one take my hat off to them. This bottle may not make it to the OBG tasting... Good thing its available in Oregon already.

5 comments:

jefffrane said...

I can't find Stranahans in the OLCC listing; do you know of a liquor store that stocks it?

And I think you were interested in the Rittenhouse BIB Jeff Morgenthaler is using in his Manhattans. You can get it at the Sellwood liquor store; he buys it for a local customer, and it's the only store in Portland that carries it, I'm pretty sure.

teramoney said...

But it’s true. in the last 2 years of my important schooling which very much determines my career which i hope will be wow gold
cheapest wow gold
RS Gold
buy runescape gold Tera online medicine, i lose a close friend, a best friend i knew since kinder (4 years), an uncle & my great grandma.

teragold said...

Shake well and strain into cocktail glass. Squeeze orange peel on top.leather bags
ugg boots
buy ugg boots
cambridge satchel

Anonymous said...

And I thinkDiablo 3 Items you were serious about the actual Rittenhouse BIB Shaun Morgenthaler is applying in their Manhattans. You can obtain the item for the Sellwood liquor shop; this individual purchases that for a local purchaser, this is the only store in Billig WoW Gold Tigard in which carries it, I am just pretty sure.

wedding dress said...

 In order to have good wedding dress, a person should choose those places and shops which deals specifically in wedding dresses. Wedding dresses are usually chosen according to the designs, and hence these shops possess a lot of designs in order to furnish the requirement of costumes. The traditional wedding gown are found cheaper as compared to the modern style prom Dress. It is also needed to look at the quality of the fabric as well before choosing any dress. It might be possible that the high quality dresses would be expensive, but remember, the high quality wedding dresses would give more charming look and generate more gorgeous personality. Many years ago people do not wear special dress at the time of their marriage, but at present it is included in our social custom. Those marriage dresses would be fine, that are not too much expensive, since these wedding dresses are worn usually at the time of wedding only. The budget should also be considered and only those dresses should be chosen which would be purchased easily. So get your wedding dress and flaunt. Traditional dresses are the perfect dresses for any wedding. So if you want to add a traditional feel to your wedding, wear a traditional wedding dress.