Sunday, May 18, 2008

Project updates


The above picture is bacon fat left over from the bacon bourbon that I finally finished today. I'm looking forward to mixing this with a couple of different things tomorrow.

I smoked about 2 cups of light brown sugar, the smoking took all the moisture out of the sugar and it caked up. I ended up taking the smoked sugar and doing a 2-1 simple syrup. Its currently getting a pecan infusion and I'll strain that off tomorrow. I'm looking at this as an ingredient for my homage to the Screen Door's Praline Bacon.

The smoked maple syrup is amazing. I don't want to say too much about this yet, as I have some cool plans in store for it.

The peach vinegar really reduced, its a dark syrup now. I'm thinking of adding it to some aquavit and tonic to see how it does.

2 comments:

zacoo said...

We are China online Wholesale Beads store, China Wholesale Beads is your best choice. China jewelry findings and jewelry making supplies for wholesale.We offer you Jewelry Supplies, Jewelry Findings, Jewelry Beads at the cheapest price. We are specialized in Wholesale Jewelry Supplies, Wholesale Jewelry Findings, Tibetan Style Beads, Tibetan Silver Beads, Tibetan Silver Charms, Wholesale Acrylic Beads, Wholesale Crystal Beads, Wholesale Jewelry Charms, Pandora Style Beads, Lampwork Beads, Necklace Pendants, European Beads. Buy more get more discount.

Anonymous said...

Your reviewed walnut syrup is actually awesome. http://www.Topgw2gold.com/ I'd rather not say a lot of about this still, while i involve some trendy plans in store
http://www.rs4play.com/ for it.