Friday, December 14, 2007

Experimentation and the Myrmidon Cocktail

So the tastebuds are still a bit off, but I'm starting to feel a little better thanks to my self prescribed regimine of Mexican antibiotics. Last night, I was running through Wild Oats after walking my dog, when I came across Dry Soda. I've had Dry Soda before, the lavender flavor was interesting but it didn't change my life or even inspire me to look for more Dry Soda. This time though, I spotted Kumquat soda (kumquats being one of my better half's preferred fruits) and so I picked up a 4 pack for a little experimentation.
I've still got a bottle of Absolut Mandarin in the house after buying it for the VitaminWater contest, and to be honest, I don't really care for flavored vodkas. I made a cocktail for my wife of 2 oz Absolut Mandarin, 4 oz Kumquat Soda, 4 dashes of Regans Orange Bitters and an orange twist. Somehow, I seemed to have created the liquid version of an orange tic tac. Yuck, it was cloyingly sweet, unbalanced and just plain one dimensional. My wife hated it, so I added a shot of Aperol and it made a terrible mistake somewhat palatable. I did notice she didn't ask for me for seconds.
When it was my turn to pour myself a drink, I turned to the liquor cabinet and grabbed my new bottle of Bluecoat Gin. I essentially made the same drink, substituting the Bluecoat for the Absolut Mandarin and what a difference it made. What had been cloying and sweet now had depth and some nice structure. Pushing the envelope a little more, I floated a little anis escharchado on top and I had my drink for the night. I'll call this one the Myrmidon.

Myrmidon Cocktail
2 oz (or more) Bluecoat Gin
4 oz Kumquat Dry Soda
4 dashes Regans Orange Bitters
1 orange twist
float anis escarchado

Build over the rocks in a bucket, add twist and get twisted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tera
gold
rs
rs gold
tera gold
cheap wow gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold
Buy Gold for WOW
Cheapest WOW Gold
Cheap Gold for WOW
RS Gold
Tera Gold
cheap tera gold
buy tera gold
wow gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold
WOW Gold EU
Cheap WOW Gold Eu
Buy WOW Gold EU
World Of Warcraft Gold

Anonymous said...

I in essence good quality drink, replacing the Bluecoat to the Absolut Mandarin in addition to just what a Buy Diablo 3 itemsbig difference it created. What exactly ended up cloying in addition to sweet today acquired range and several good composition. Exceeding expectations a little more, I actually sailed just a little anis escharchado ahead we had my own ingest for your evening. I am going to refer Guild Wars 2 Gold kaufento this one the particular Myrmidon.

wedding dress said...

  Ladies, it is notable that a cocktail dress is a typical female dress worn at cocktail parties and if you are looking for an ideal cocktail dress, a chiffon cocktail dress or strapless cocktail dress may be the best dress for you. You can buy cocktail dress from the nearest boutique and altogether you can choose to buy cocktail dresses from online women wear stores. However, if you order cocktail dresses from online stores, you are likely to avail your favorite cocktail dressat cost-effective prices. Pertaining to cocktail dresses, it is also notable that cocktail dresses are made available in an array of fitting and styles for women with different body shapes. You can purchase designer cocktail dresses, short cocktail dresses or long cocktail dresses from any of the popular online destinations and as soon as you order your favorite cocktail dress, the product is delivered to you at the earliest.