Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Old Tom Gin and other finds





So I flew back in to a 34 degree night in Portland on Sunday, exhausted by my trip but with a bit of a spring in my step as I did find some interesting liquor to bring back with me. I managed to find and acquire 3 bottles of Boord's Old Tom Gin, the first time I've ever seen Old Tom in the States (although I do understand that they distill Old Tom in Jamaica, but only for local consumption). I've been a little under the weather, so I haven't cracked a bottle yet (and I promised 2 of the bottles to friends). I'll probably get into it tonight, if nothing else, just to compare it side by side with say, Aviation Gin and Tanqueray (two gins I know are residing in the old liquor cabinet). More to come on this subject soon.

I also picked up-

- Torani Amer
- Luxardo Amaro
- Amaro Cio Ciaro
- a Portugese anis, Pastis Escarchado which has crystallized sugar and anise in the bottle.
- Bluecoat Gin (a favorite thats unfortunately not available in OR)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to probably enter the idea tonite, basically,
Buy Diablo 3 itemsonly to review this alongside each other with state, Flight handling Gin and also Tanqueray (a pair of gins I know usually are living in the previous spirits display case). Additional ahead within Guild Wars 2 Gold kaufenthis subject rapidly.