Sunday, December 16, 2007

Half Forgotten Projects in the Basement and Lithuanian Cocktail Guides

While doing a load of laundry this morning, I noticed that I still have some half completed projects going in the basement. A quick list;

- Krambambuli- I made this for the Distillers Festival Competition but it was so godawful I didn't use it. Now, 6 months later, it seems to have really mellowed out into something Benedictine-ish. It'll need to go through a coffee filter to strain all the sediment out, but it just might be salvageable.

- Rose Liqueur- Started this one at the tail end of summer. I'm going to need a lot more roses, so I'll start this back up when the flowers at our house begin to bloom again.

- Grapefruit/ Tomato Bitters- Yep, they are still down there. The aroma is amazing, I really should just get around to finishing these off so that I can play with them. I think its going to be liquid summer in a bitters bottle.

- Ukrainian Plum Brandy- Not much to do with this really, except wait. Its dark, dense and syrupy sweet, but should make for a nice aperitif at Christmas. It should be ready at the end of the week.

I also received a little something from Ebay yesterday. I bid on, and won, a Lithuanian bartenders guide,published in 1973, "Kokteiliai". Definitely very Soviet era, the few pictures of cocktails inside seem rather grim and unappetizing, but I'm always curious what other cultures are pouring. I don't speak/read/understand Lithuanian, so translating this could be a challenge, but I'm sure I can rise to the occasion. Anyway, I'll leave you with a Lithuanian cocktail recipe from the book. I believe the numbers next to the ingredients are proportions and "iseiga" seems to mean total.

Kokteilis "Geltonsnapis"

Degitine 20
Apelsiny likeris 40
Apelsiny sultys 40
Puse apelsino griezinelio 5
Ledo gabaliukas 25

Iseiga 130

Visus gerimus sumaisyti su ledo gabaliuku ir ipilti i taure, kurious krastai papuosti cukrumi. Po to i taure ideti puse apelsino griezinelo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kokteilis "Geltonsnapis" Yellow cocktail

Degitine 20 Vodka
Apelsiny likeris 40 Orange liquor
Apelsiny sultys 40 Orange juice
Puse apelsino griezinelio 5 Half an orange slice
Ledo gabaliukas 25 Ice cubes

Iseiga 130

Visus gerimus sumaisyti su ledo gabaliuku ir ipilti i taure, kurious krastai papuosti cukrumi. Po to i taure ideti puse apelsino griezinelo.

Mix all the drinks with the ice cubes and pour into a glass rimmed with sugar. Then put the orange slice in the glass.
I'd love to translate any of the other drink recipes you have.
sethrush@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

tera
gold
rs
rs gold
tera gold
cheap wow gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold
Buy Gold for WOW
Cheapest WOW Gold
Cheap Gold for WOW
RS Gold
Tera Gold
cheap tera gold
buy tera gold
wow gold
Cheap WOW Gold
Buy WOW Gold
WOW Gold EU
Cheap WOW Gold Eu
Buy WOW Gold EU
World Of Warcraft Gold
tera
gold
rs
rs gold
tera gold

Anonymous said...

and ordinary
Diablo 3 Itemsenjoyable. Gets hotter obtains active on the bistro, sometimes My partner and i concern myself personally to determine how rapidly I am able to open some sort of package with my Pulltaps. I am just in the 20 Billig WoW Gold second array at this time.