Monday, December 17, 2007

I love my Pulltaps

So I open a lot of bottles of wine in a given week, and in my 13 years behind the bar, I've probably opened in the tens of thousands of bottles. I've used just about every wine key to hit the market, and while at home I'm more likely to reach for one of my Laguiole wine keys, at work, I need the strength, reliability and ease of a Pulltaps. The things are damn near indestructable, forgiving to use (I can safely loan one to a green server and not expect to have to approach a table to save a cork in a bottle, and just plain fun. When it gets busy at the restaurant, sometimes I challenge myself to see just how quickly I can open a bottle with my Pulltaps. I'm in the 15 second range right now.

If they only came in bright orange, I would be a very happy man.